Targeted Muscle Groups: Legs
How to do reverse alternating lunges step by step:
- Stand with your feet approximately hip width apart, hands on your hips, and pick a point to stare at in front of you to help maintain balance
- Step backward with one leg, keeping your back straight, lowering your hips until both knees are bent at about a 90-degree angle.
- Make sure your front knee is directly above your ankle, and not going past your front toe line and make sure your back knee does not touch the floor
- Push through your back foot to get back to the starting position
- Alternate legs and repeat
Variations: Alternating Lunges, Stationary Lunges, Walking Lunges, Alternating Lunges With Weight